Thursday, November 17, 2005

Adventures in Remodeling

So, I had to resurface some of the walls in the kitchen. At one point, there was an electric stove in the kitchen and this honkin' big 220 plug coming out of a hole in the wall. During our first pass of removing the old linoleum from the wall and counter tops, this hole got a little bigger and a little uglier.

So, we called out the electrician, who capped off the 220 and installed a couple of 110 outlets to use for the electic ignition for the stove and the range hood we got.

But in putting up new wallboard over the plaster and missing plaster, I realized to make the wall flush I needed to pull out an old piece of wallboard.

Underneath was some beautiful old wallpaper, shown here. After snapping a few pics, I covered it up and kept on working.